Windows PowerShell is a command-line shell and scripting language that is designed for system administration and automation. Built on the Microsoft .NET Framework, Windows PowerShell enables IT professionals and developers to control and automate the administration of Windows and applications on local and remote Windows systems.
A number of you have ask us for PowerShell Training, so we’ve delivered. Business Mechanix are PowerShell Scripting experts and are now offering a specialist two day PowerShell Training course on Wednesday 25th - Thursday 26th of September for only $1200+ GST
This course will teach you how to control and manage Windows-based environments with a powerful command line interface that can be scripted and scheduled. Learn how to create your own scripts for common tasks and get some useful scripts from our specialist consultants.
Why is PowerShell Important and Why should you learn it?
- PowerShell is a system administration and management tool that gives you more options and is quicker and more powerful than the GIU tools. For example if you have thousands of users where you need to update an attribute in Active Directory you can create a PowerShell script that will automatically update this, manually it could take hours to complete.
- In Office 365 you can’t set mail box privileges without it and it is the only tool available to manage Office 365 other than the GUI interface.
- It is good for remote work on different servers, it saves you having to open up a remote desktop
- If you have a lot of devices or users PowerShell makes it easy to automate tasks
- You need PowerShell for Windows Servers like Exchange to manage tasks
- GUI tools are designed for the most common administrative functions which means you cannot rely on it to do everything anymore, whereas PowerShell gives you more!
In the 2009 issue of TechNet Magazine Microsoft said "It's safe to say that the single most important skill a Windows administrator will need in the coming years is proficiency with Windows PowerShell."
Prerequisites: This course provides an introduction to the PowerShell concept and delves into intermediate and advanced scripting techniques. It is a fast track to becoming comfortable with PowerShell for any system administer, Prior to attending this course, you will need an understanding of Windows Server administration and some scripting or development would be helpful.
Our recent training courses have received excellent reviews including “great instructors and technical people….very good training….excellent training facilities and trainers….very professional”
Getting Started with Windows PowerShell
- Starting PowerShell
- MS-DOS command shell
- PowerShell Shortcut Keys
- Help (Gt-Command, Format-List, Full, Examples, GUI Help)
Modifying the PowerShell Console
- Changing the console properties
- Using a script to modify console properties
- Modifying your PowerShell profile
- Changing the TabExpansion function
- PowerShell Web Access console
Creating PowerShell Scripts
- Script Structure
- Using the pipeline
- Ordering piped commands
- Nested scripts and functions
- Logging and writing to the Event Views
Running the PowerShell scripts
- Execution Policy
- Dot sourcing
- Managing connections
- Check-pointing and persistence
- Scalability and high-availability scenarios
- PowerShell and With Services
Remote Server Management
- Server management cmdlets
- Common server management tasks
- Multicomputer management
Common and useful scripts from out Consultants
- Managing Office 365 with PowerShell
This course is only $1,200+ GST for two days but be quick as there is only 12 spaces available!
When: 9am – 4.30pm, Wednesday 25th- - Thursday 26th September 2013
Where: Business Mechanix, Level 2, 124 Nelson Street, Auckland
Costs: $1,200 +GST per person
Included: Morning and Afternoon Tea
Registration: By Friday 20rd September 2013
To Register: click here http://www.businessmechanix.co.nz/EventsandTraining/EventDetails?campaignID=94ea824f-5505-e311-b06b-e61f13c2a7b3