Business Mechanix have been involved in web development almost since its inception in early 2000, from clever e-stores moving into the development of their own sophisticated CMS based solution used by brands such as Coca-Cola and Variety Children’s charity. In recent times and as technologies have continued to improve, Business Mechanix have been developing web portals for large scale sites such as Wintec and Mediaworks. We have built web-portals both using our own technology as well as open source technologies such as Umbraco as well as Microsoft technologies such as Sharepoint and Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Even our own website is written using the CRM Portal technology- just to show case what can been done with a free add-on product to Microsoft Dynamics CRM. We can work through Web Portals from the design process, or work with your current in-house or external design or advertising company. Our strengths lie in the clever stuff- integrating your existing systems in one smart looking front end site. We can integrate finance systems, student management systems, CRM systems, document management systems, IT helpdesk system and more to your web portal. The best part is we are also experts at single-sign-on and know about all of the tricky security methods and rules too.
Even if you have a challenge environment with both cloud systems and on premise, this is what we excel in. We have setup over 1 million cloud users and have worked with many of our customers on integrating these cloud users with on premise systems for a seamless experience.
Some would say web portals are what Business Mechanix are most well known for. From Wintecs Alumni Portal global Microsoft Award finalist nomination- beating over 3,000 other global companies from over 100 countries, to Waikato University’s Open Source Application for Enrolment Redevelopment to Mediaworks internal service desk portal used in over 140 markets such as stations like The Rock, MoreFM and GeorgeFM, you could say Business Mechanix know a thing or two about creating Portals.
Business Mechanix has created web portals for the following scenarios:-
- Alumni Portal- integrated with 35,000 Alumni IDs from the Student Management system- accessible to up to 35,000 Alumni
- Public websites for Northtec using Sharepoint- accessible to general public
- Public Website for Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi using SharePoint and later, Microsoft Dynamics CRM Customer Portal- accessible to general public
- Created Web Portal Intranet for Te Whāre Wananga o Awanuiārangi for their staff intranet- accessible to staff only
- Business Mechanix Public Website using Microsoft Dynamics CRM Customer Portal- accessible to general public
- Created Student Portal Proof of Concept for University of Canterbury – was accessible for up to 25,000 students
- Service Desk Self Service Portal created in conjunction with Mediaworks internal team for Radio Engineers and later rolling out to IT Support- accessible to staff at over 140 markets/ radio stations and later TV3
- Created Service Desk Portal for Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi for both IT Service Desk and Facilities Management Service Desk – accessible to internal staff
- Created Password Changing Portal for Password Change Self Service for Whitireia Polytechnic accessible to nearly 10,000 students
About Business Mechanix
Our range of experience and desire to help our customers move forward with innovative web portals, fantastic technology services or simple advice, make Business Mechanix are a great choice for you next web portal project. We can either make the most of what you already have and build a nice web portal on top of your existing systems that will give you efficiency gains and a good return on investment or we can build a whole new portal. We can also integrate almost any system together with your web portal and love getting our hands dirty with the sometimes daunting older or specialist technologies we find we need to integrate with- we may even surprise you to leverage more out of what you have existing through integration and clever mobile and front end web and touch technology, or if you’ve simply had enough- we can replace or supplement your systems with totally new web and touch enabled designed web portal from the ground up….talk to us today about what you are trying to achieve and we’d be happy to help.
Business Mechanix Services
- Project Management
- Planning and design services
- Strategy for your Web Portal and approach
- Business Analysis, requirements gathering, workshop facilitation
- Design- architecture- Open Source and Microsoft technologies
- Integration of systems
- Custom built web portals with touch enabled functionality
- Tap into existing web services you have and integrate into your portal- ie Jade, Mainframe, Microsoft CRM, SharePoint and build up systems for web portal access
- System replacement with web portal
- Upgrades of your existing web portal
- Social Media Integration with your web portal
- Quality Assurance for web portals you’ve built that you’d like us to check
- Training of your project teams/ up skilling on new web portal technologies
- Resource Placements/ extra support for web portal projects – technical staff including web portal developers, web portal designers/ architects, trainers , project managers