An intranet is a tool for an organisation to provide a central point for staff to go to access information and systems. Often called an internal website, an intranet can provide productivity gains, better communication, and other efficiencies. Business Mechanix have designed and implemented a wide variety of intranets tailored specifically to each business’ requirement.
Successful intranets are well aligned with the organisation’s goals. The planning and design phase of an intranet implementation is critical. Business Mechanix helps organisations plan and design an effective intranet solution then we get stuck in to make it a reality. We really believe in the technologies we work with to deliver intranets and select the most appropriate tool from a range of products to get the best fit for your organisation.
We have designed, built and implemented intranets for polytechnics, Wānanga and a range of businesses.
Business Mechanix has many examples of successful intranet implementations. Wintec recently launched their SharePoint based intranet, designed and built with Business Mechanix. The intranet is focused on being able to find the information and tools you need for your work, thus it is based around a search framework from Microsoft called FAST. The design called for a simple uncluttered interface which targeted appropriate information to the individual.
Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi’s intranet provides access to systems such as IT and facilities service desks, employee self-service, online phone book, and more. It also provides a message board for the CEO and Marketing and Communications to push out important messages to keep everyone informed. The intranet is branded as Piki Mai Rā or ‘Shout out’ to signify the importance of it as a communications tool.
About Business Mechanix
Business Mechanix knows businesses and how to work with you on your projects in the most efficient and cost effective manner to bring in innovation and delivery. Our range of experience and desire to work with innovative business process change, governance and technology based solutions see us as a great choice for your intranet project.
Business Mechanix Services
- Project Management
- Project Delivery
- Project Governance
- Planning and Design Services
- Quality Assurance
- Technology solution delivery
- Relationship Management solutions (CRM)
- Training of your project teams/ up skilling or mentoring during the project
- Resource Placements/ extra support for projects – technical staff including developers, engineers, system designers, business requirement gathering, solution design
- Microsoft SharePoint intranet development
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM intranet solutions
- Change Management
- Facilitation of Workshops
- Development of business processes
- Cost efficiency identification and implementation
- Business Intelligence and Report Definition and Writing Services