Business Mechanix have a long history of working with databases, right back in the early days the company was founded in 2000, the team were using MYSQL databases for some of the first development projects we ever did. Internally, we currently manage in excess of 100 Microsoft SQL Server databases which are mainly used for development and testing environments for customer projects. In addition, we have also provided these services for customers for both management and monitoring of databases. We are able to simply come in and QA database setup including maintenance plans, backup schedules, fragmentation or performance. In addition we have also provided database management over the years for industries from Education to Real Estate and manufacturing companies. Business Mechanix also offer resource placements to cover database support when your specialist resource is on leave or you simply need an extra pair of hands. Our support covers Microsoft SQL Server, MYSQL and Oracle Databases and more recently we have also be working with customers on Sybase database platforms and designing solutions against these.
Business Mechanix has provided database management services for a number of organisations including AUT (ARION Solutions Division), MIT and Professionals RealEstate Head Office. Some examples of the work we have undertaken include the following:-
- Full support for Professionals RealEstate for Redbox process which uploaded listings to 5 different web realestate stores including Trademe, SellForfree, Realestate.co.nz and more. The whole process was built and supported by Business Mechanix including logs and database support.
- Resource placement for Oracle DBA support for MIT to cover staff absence
- Remedied SQL Error for Mediaworks causing daily outages for their Service Desk
- Support and configuration of over 100 Microsoft SQL Server databases including backups and maintenance and performance for our Business Mechanix environment
- Moving of databases to Amazon Cloud Services (MYSQL and Microsoft SQL Server)
- Performance review of NZ Police HRMS/ Payroll system for performance including Oracle Database, Cobol Compilers, Tuxedo and PeopleSoft setup
- Support of RMIT in Melbourne’s PeopleSoft architecture on conjunction with DBA’s for their Student management system
- Hosting of Summit Quionfos (now Balance) Lotus Notes/ Domino Backup database server
Business Mechanix have been working with databases for years. We have to work with all sorts and host copies of customers environments for everything from Microsoft Sharepoint to MYSQL driven systems. These days we split our databases between our own servers and Amazon- it gives us a DR and makes things easier to manage. The team know really know their stuff and how to get the most out of what we have with our databases and management of them.
About Business Mechanix
Our range of experience and desire to help our customers move forward with innovative business process change, fantastic technology services or simple advice, make Business Mechanix are a greatchoice for your database management needs. We can simply provide a QA review of your setup, provide temporary support or build applications on top of what you have. If you have a situation you need advice on with your databases, its possible we can help….talk to us today about what you are trying to achieve and we’d be happy to help.
Business Mechanix Services
- Database errors and trouble shooting
- Installations of databases – Microsoft SQL Server and MYSQL
- Development of solutions- web and mobile apps on top of your existing databases
- QA of your current database setup
- DBA Support – SQL Server / MYSQL
- Adhoc Support
- Resource Placements/ extra support for projects – staff on leave, additional resources and short term projects